properties and benefits
- It is believed that the tea is capable of losing up to two kilos per week, as it speeds up the metabolism – which causes you to burn more calories. But for these more “radical” cases, 4 cups of red tea a day is recommended.
- Decreases swelling as it prevents uncomfortable fluid retention.
- Contains polyphenols and flavonoids, which are antioxidants and help protect the body’s cells against free radicals.
- They reduce the risk of cardiovascular diseases, the nervous system, and some types of cancer.
- They delay the dreaded aging, preventing signs of age from appearing too “early”.
- They act to reduce cholesterol and triglyceride levels.
- It is a rich source of vitamins C, K, B1, and B2.
- Decreases hunger as it promotes a feeling of satiety after consumption.
- Facilitates digestion.
- It is not yet fully proven, but red tea is antidepressant. It gives a feeling of well-being and over time, shows a slight improvement in symptoms of depression.
Red tea consumption care
Despite its many benefits and properties, red tea is tea-like any other and you should be aware of the recommendations for its consumption. For example, it should not be consumed in excess as it can cause problems such as anxiety, insomnia, and kidney stones. It can also end up intensifying PMS symptoms. Its consumption at night should be avoided because of its high caffeine content, which can make you sleepless. Its contraindications are for people with gastritis, cardiac arrhythmia and for pregnant women.