Fumaria ( Fumaria officinalis ) is a medicinal plant recognized for its medicinal properties that act on various ailments that can affect the human body. Of European origin, tobacco smoke has been known since ancient times and was described in herbariums in the Middle Ages as being very useful for natural medicine, such as in the treatment of eczema, constipation problems, dermatological cases, etc. This plant is also known by other names, such as: moleirinha, dove-weed, tobacco and earth gall. Its active ingredients are fumaric acid, protopine and alkaloids.
The properties of the smokehouse
- Regulator of biliary secretion;
- Skin regenerator.
Benefits and Indications
Due to its properties, tobacco can be used to treat various conditions in the human body. Check it out below:
- Due to its laxative property, smoking is indicated for people who suffer from constipation;
- Due to its properties regulating biliary secretion and skin metabolism, the plant is recommended in the treatment of psoriasis cases;
- Smoking can be used to treat liver and skin diseases;
- This plant can also help in the treatment of arteriosclerosis, urticaria and scabies;
- Smoking is also used to help treat intestinal cramps and help to expel small gallstones.
How to prepare smoke tea?
Smoked tobacco can be purchased at health food stores and some compounding pharmacies and must be crushed. To prepare tea from the plant, follow these procedures: Put 3 tablespoons for every liter of water. Leave on fire until it boils and turn off. Keep the container covered for about 10 minutes and after this time, strain with an extremely clean cloth. The indication for consumption is to drink, at most, three cups of this tea a day.
Contraindications and precautions
Smoking is contraindicated for pregnant women, nursing mothers and individuals who have stomach problems. For all other people who are going to use the plant, the recommendation is to pay attention to the amount, because in excessive doses it can be harmful, causing vomiting, diarrhea and stomach pain. Using the plant for long periods and in an exaggerated way can cause severe pain in the stomach. Remember that self-medication can be very dangerous and it is always necessary to seek medical attention before starting any treatment!