Esophagitis is an inflammation that occurs in the esophagus, which is located between the throat and stomach. Esophagitis causes a lot of discomfort, but fortunately this problem has a solution. It is possible to treat esophagitis with teas that reduce stomach acid, in addition to ensuring some small changes in the individual’s diet.
The symptoms of esophagitis are similar to those of gastroesophageal reflux, but in a more intense way. We also find symptoms such as:
- Burning sensation (starts in the stomach and may reach the throat)
- Some people also report chest pain.
During the period of esophagitis, avoid eating:
- Soft drinks;
- Alcoholic beverages;
- fatty meats;
- Fried food;
- Industrialized sweets.
Lettuce leaf tea is ideal for people with esophagitis problems, it is rich in enzymes that help to alleviate any inflammation in the esophagus. It has a calming effect, reducing pain symptoms. To prepare it, you will need:
– 30 grams of lettuce leaves;
– 500 ml of water.
Let the leaves boil in water in a pot for about ten minutes. Drink the tea at a warm temperature, at least 3 to 4 cups a day, until the discomfort is resolved.
– A large raw potato;
– A cup of water.
Squeeze the raw potato (it can be on a grater), then take its juice and pour it into a cup. Boil the water and allow it to cool. Mix the raw potato juice with warm water and drink it fasting every morning.
The raw potato will provide an almost “miraculous” effect, relieving the pain of esophagitis and, in about a week, the pain symptoms will have disappeared.
Beat the melon hoopoe in a blender and drink at room temperature up to two juices a day. Melon helps to alleviate discomfort caused by esophagitis.
- Do not lie down after meals;
- Eat more often, but in smaller amounts, reducing the interval between meals;
- Try to keep your weight at the ideal level for your height and age;
- Practice physical activity regularly;
- Do not smoke cigarettes;
- Avoid wearing tight clothing (as they help to increase intra-abdominal pressure).