Fibroids, also known as fibroids or leiomyomas, are benign tumors formed by muscle tissue and can be of four types, depending on the region of the uterus affected: subserosal, intramural, submucosal and pendulous. The causes for the development of fibroids can be genetic or hormonal, and they are mainly associated with the production of estrogen, with a portion sensitive to progesterone.
The risk of developing fibroids is greater in cases where there is a family history of the condition, obesity and the fact that they have never had a child. Regarding size, fibroids can vary a lot and some of them cause a large increase in the abdomen. The diagnosis of the fibroid is made through the patient’s history and vaginal examination, in addition to performing imaging tests such as magnetic resonance imaging and ultrasound.
Although some women do not have any symptoms, some of the most important signs are as follows:
- Abdomen enlargement;
- Increased menstrual flow;
- Painful menstruation or bleeding between periods;
- Compression of the bowel and bladder, causing, consequently, gastrointestinal and urinary discomfort.
Teas that help treat fibroids
There are some home remedies, such as teas, that can help treat fibroids. Check out some of them below:
- Green tea – Green tea extract significantly reduces the volume and weight of uterine fibroids.
- Milk thistle – To enjoy the benefits provided by milk thistle, just grind its seeds in a coffee grinder and drink two tablespoons a day.
- Nettle – Nettle is also recommended to help treat fibroids. To prepare tea, pour three cups of boiling water over two tablespoons of dried nettle. Cover and allow to steep for approximately 15 minutes. After straining, drink the tea three times a day.
- Ginger – Ginger root is a powerful circulatory stimulant and it is recommended that you drink your tea at least once a day.
- Marjoram – This herb has powerful sedative properties and is a great muscle relaxant, relieving uterine cramps. It can be taken in the form of tea.
- Uxi-Yellow – Add a tablespoon of the herb in half a liter of water and bring to a boil. Drink the tea on the same day of preparation.
- Try to lead a healthy life by exercising, controlling your weight, drinking moderately and not smoking.
- See your gynecologist regularly, the many cases of fibroids can be routine during routine visits.