Also called lucky plant, liver herb, urgebão and iron herb, verbena is a medicinal plant known mainly for its calming effect. It is quite common in the West, especially in Europe and North America. Nervous people often resort to vervain tea to calm themselves down, as it has the following properties: soothing, sedative and sweating. Another highlight for the benefits of verbena is its help in stress-related gastric and intestinal disorders. It is also an aphrodisiac and usually makes a relationship a little more spicy.
- Helping to control anxiety , especially for the most nervous people;
- Alleviate gastrointestinal spasms;
- Strengthen the appetite of those who cannot eat enough;
- Helping insomnia sufferers ;
- To improve little the symptoms of asthma, bronchitis, pharyngitis and other breathing difficulties;
- Take care of proper kidney function;
- Assist in gastric pathologies, such as ulcers, thrush and even gastritis ;
- Control nervousness;
- Act in the treatment of rheumatism, conjunctivitis, fever, stomatitis, pharyngitis and sinusitis;
- Alleviate cellulite. Remembering that it is important to mix it with physical activities for a good result;
- Cure boils on the skin.
Recipe – Vervain tea to treat gastritis
Those who suffer from the effects of nervous gastritis can invest in verbena tea, if the doctor indicates. To make it, it is necessary to boil half a liter of mineral water together with a tablespoon of dried verbena roots and flowers. Leave the drink to brew for five minutes. Strain, wait until it gets warm and then drink. The dosage is two to three cups a day.
Individuals with thyroid problems and women during their menstrual period should not consume vervain.
It is important to consult your doctor before using natural remedies. Self-medication is usually more dangerous than it appears, as there is a possibility that there is an allergy to an ingredient contained in the herb, plant, root, etc. Don’t be fooled into thinking that, being natural, it won’t hurt. Consult a nutritionist, nutritionist or your usual doctor to make sure you can use vervain as a treatment and also ask for the ideal amount for your case.