The pancreas is the gland in our body that has the function of producing important enzymes that are necessary for the digestion of what we eat. When toxins from food or the environment are introduced into our bodies, hormonal imbalances and diseases such as diabetes can manifest.
Many people look for more natural ways to take care of their health and to keep our whole body functioning properly, with proper nutrition, physical exercise, etc. There are some teas that can help the pancreas work properly. Check it out below:
Teas for the proper functioning of the pancreas
For many years, several plants have been used for the proper functioning of the pancreas.
Some of these plants are as follows:
- Green tea
- Reishi mushroom
For the treatment of the pancreas, just prepare a tea using one of the options mentioned above. There are still other options: traditional Chinese medicine recommends the ingestion of medicinal plants such as the following:
- ginger root
- asian ginseng
- Chinese Cinnamon Bark
There’s still the anti-diabetic tea. Check out the following recipe:
anti-diabetic tea recipe
– 30 grams of avocado leaves;
– 30 grams of eucalyptus leaves;
– 30 grams of walnut leaves.
To prepare this tea, just cook all the ingredients in a liter of water. The recommendation for consumption is 3 cups of tea daily, one before each main meal.
Other recommendations for taking care of the pancreas
- Food care: Moderate the consumption of sugar, refined flour and fried foods. Add fiber-rich foods and vegetables to your menu;
- Avoid excessive consumption of alcohol and tobacco;
- Drink ten glasses of water (mineral, preferably) a day. Intake of water clears the pancreas, allowing toxins to pass through your kidneys more quickly, increasing the excretion function;
- Take a multivitamin daily as the vitamins help stimulate the pancreas. Vitamins prevent pancreatic diseases such as pancreatic cancer;
- If you can, practice yoga, as these exercises stimulate the pancreas. The technique called “Uddiyana Bandha” is specific to the gland and can be done daily;
- Take a hot bath, preferably before going to bed. Rubbing the skin with a sponge and the stimulation caused by the hot water helps to improve blood flow to the pancreas.