How should I prepare detox tea?
To prepare, in general, you should follow the steps below:
- Put 1 liter of water in a container and heat.
- When the first bubbles appear, even before it starts to boil, turn off.
- Add 2 tablespoons of the herb (If you’re not used to it, start with 1 tablespoon and then increase).
- Cover and leave sweltered for 2 or 3 minutes.
- Strain and consume.
I don’t like detox teas. Can you improve the taste?
Yes, this is very much to your liking. You can add, for example, fruit peels, such as pineapple and mango, for example, dried apple, or even lemon balm, mint and fennel, among other herbs that can soften the flavor without interfering with the expected effects.
For this, when you bring the water to the fire, add this additional ingredient.
How to consume to lose weight?
Consume about five to six cups a day to achieve weight loss, not exceeding 1.5 liters of tea. When fasting, consume it still warm, but at other times, which are snacks in the morning and afternoon, and half an hour before or two hours after lunch and dinner, you can drink it hot or cold, as you prefer.
To sweeten or not to sweeten?
If you prefer, you can sweeten it, but only with a teaspoon of honey or stevia, as sugars and chemical sweeteners can end up damaging the effects of the tea, even causing the opposite effect.
Is it worth taking the tea bag?
Typically, bag teas have several parts of the plant and, as a result, it ends up losing a little concentration of the active principles. If you only have access to green tea in sachets, for example, pay attention to the packaging, always choosing the one that contains information about the plant used, such as camellia sinensis .
- To conserve the herb, store it in a dark place, away from moisture and in a tightly closed package;
- Drinking large amounts of these teas can cause diuresis. Caution.
- Those who have problems with insomnia should drink the last cup of tea before 5 pm, which is the cutoff time.
- Do not substitute tea for daily water. You should consume the indicated amount of water plus tea.
- Milk and its derivatives cut the effect of tea and therefore, never consume them at the same meal.
Detox teas are contraindicated for pregnant women, patients with gastritis or hypertension. If you are using continuous medication, ask your doctor if it is possible to consume the tea.