The bad breath is a symptom caused by release of sulfur compounds from the bacteria present in the mouth. This can be caused by the lack of oral hygiene or even by diseases and the smell exhaled through the mouth can be of different types.
- Dental abscess;
- Intense flavor foods;
- High-dose vitamin supplements.
- Some diseases that can be associated with bad breath:
- Chronic kidney failure;
Ways to prevent halitosis
- Brushing your teeth after meals is the main one, which is a prerequisite for treating the problem.
- Eating every three hours is highly recommended, as the body when fasting begins to burn the fat that is stored in order to obtain energy, thus, in the reaction that follows, sulfur-based compounds are released and absorbed into the bloodstream. to then be expelled by breathing.
- Drinking water is essential to prevent halitosis, as hydration reduces salivation, one of the common causes of bad breath.
- Brushing the tongue in the brushing process, as this is one of the places where there is a higher concentration of sulfur compounds and accumulation of food and bacteria residues;
- Flossing before brushing, as there are residues that accumulate in gaps that the brush itself is not able to reach, thus flossing is responsible for a more complete dental cleaning.
- Chewing sugar-free gum can be a card up your sleeve for those who are not in possession of toothbrushes and dental floss. Chewing gum can help sanitize teeth in addition to giving the mouth a more pleasant breath, due to its flavor.
- Prioritize foods that reduce bad breath, which can be citrus fruits such as oranges and kiwis or raw and unpeeled, such as apples and cucumbers and foods with an astringent flavor such as ginger .
- Consume teas that help prevent bad breath.
Teas indicated for the treatment of bad breath
– A cup of tea of water
– A dessert spoon of chopped wormwood leaves
How to do it :
– Boil the water
– Add the wormwood leaves, cover and allow to cool.
– 150 milliliters of water
– From one to two dessert spoons of guaçatonga leaves
How to do it :
– Boil the water;
– Add the guaçatonga leaves
– Let it rest for a few minutes.