Those who wear orthodontic braces live with it almost always, those who are careless and bite the inside of the lips and cheeks or who eat poorly and consume a lot of fried foods and fatty foods, have also been very bothered by it: the cold sore. Sometimes they are small, causing a little discomfort when chewing, but in more severe cases the cold sore can make even speaking or swallowing difficult.
What are thrush?
Canker sores are small ulcers that appear in the mouth. At first they appear in the form of a small bubble filled with a clear liquid, but soon they burst and were small painful sores that can last up to 15 days. Canker sores can appear on the lips, tongue, cheek walls and gums, and the cause of their appearance can be determined by several factors, such as: food allergy, hormonal changes, stress, nutritional deficit and trauma.
As already mentioned, cold sore lasts up to two weeks, and there is no medicine that makes it last for a few days. But some teas can help the cold sore healing process and speed it up. The most suitable are:
- Eucalyptus tea – Boil a liter of water and 20 grams of dried eucalyptus leaves for about two minutes. Strain and rinse the tea with mouthwash. If you want to ingest, reduce the amount of herb leaves a little, so that it doesn’t get too concentrated.
- Boldo tea – In a mug place three leaves of boldo and complete with previously boiled water. Leave the tea to rest for ten minutes and drink it without sweetening. Pregnant women should avoid drinking tea, which should not be ingested more than three times a day.
- Wormwood tea – In a pot, put half a liter of water and bring to the fire. As soon as the water comes to a boil, turn off the heat and place a teaspoon of wormwood leaves in the pan. Cover and let the tea sit for ten minutes. Drink preferably without sweetening. Wormwood tea should not be consumed by pregnant or nursing women, nor in large quantities or for long periods.
- Carqueja tea – Put ½ liter of water in a pan and two tablespoons of dried and chopped carqueja leaves. Bring the pan to the fire, bring the mixture to a boil for five minutes and turn it off. Cover, strain and drink as soon as it cools.
- Mouthwash made with a strong tea of basil daily also help in the healing process of cold sore