Originating in Chinese culture, Oolong tea is semi-oxidized and semi-fermented. It has a delicious aroma, has a bitter and slightly sweet taste, a bit like green tea . It has low levels of caffeine, so it is very relaxing to drink. It is rich in antioxidants, minerals such as calcium, potassium, selenium, copper and manganese, vitamins types A, B, C, E and K, as well as many folic acids and niacin. All these nutrients together make Oolong tea a wonderful home remedy for various problems.
The tea is made from the leaves of the same plant that also gives rise to green tea and black tea , the difference being the level of oxidation of each one. Oolong lies right in the middle between green tea and black tea, and that’s why it’s called semi-oxidized.
Benefits of this wonderful tea
- Lowers blood cholesterol levels, preventing arteriosclerosis;
- Reduces the likelihood of having heart disease or inflammatory content;
- Helps in providing antioxidants to the body;
- It’s great for skin treatments;
- Very suitable for preserving good dental health;
- Helps reduce obesity when taken daily;
- It potentially eliminates free radicals, thanks to its polyphenolic compounds;
- Indicated for the treatment of eczema and other skin problems;
- It helps to promote good bone structure, in addition to stimulating healthy body growth;
- It is very suitable for the prevention of skin cancer;
- It treats type 2 diabetes quite successfully;
- Tea polyphenols help reduce stress levels by more than 18%.
Lose weight by drinking Oolong tea!
Research has shown that women who take a cup of Oolong tea after lunch lose 10% of fat, while those who take green tea (also very suitable for diets) lose only 4%. For this reason, Oolong is very suitable for those women who want to lose weight , but especially for cases of obesity. It works by speeding up metabolism and helping the body to burn fat faster.
The ideal is to consume a cup of tea twice a day, preferably after lunch and in the afternoon snack. It is important that it is always consumed with some other food so as not to harm the stomach. It is easy to find it for sale in natural food stores or oriental food stores, as well as on the internet.